Kia has the most vehicles with top safety pick and top safety pick plus ratings from insurance institute for highway safety
July 25, 2019
Kia Leads All Other Brands with 12 Vehicles with TSP/TSP+ Ratings
- 2020 Telluride receives 2019 Top Safety Pick rating, when equipped with specific headlights
- Five Kia vehicles now have the Top Safety Pick ratingand seven Kia vehicles have the Top Safety Pick Plus rating when equipped with front crash prevention and specific headlights
IRVINE, Calif., July 25, 2019 — Kia has more vehicles with Top Safety Pick (TSP) and Top Safety Pick Plus (TSP+) ratings than any other brand. The new distinction was achieved when the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) recently awarded Top Safety Pick to the new 2020 Kia Telluride, which received “Good” ratings in all six IIHS crashworthiness tests and an “Acceptable” rating for headlights.
“We are extremely proud of this significant achievement,” said Orth Hedrick, Executive Director, Car Planning & Technology, KMA. “We constantly strive to build the best quality and safest vehicles possible and being the automaker with the most TSP and TSP+ ratings is ultimately gratifying.”
To qualify for 2019 Top Safety Pick, a vehicle must earn good ratings in the driver-side small overlap front, moderate overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraint tests, as well as an acceptable or good rating in the passenger-side small overlap front test. It also must earn an advanced or superior rating for front crash prevention and an acceptable or good headlight rating.
To qualify for 2019 Top Safety Pick+, a vehicle must earn good ratings in both the driver- and passenger-side small overlap front, as well as in the moderate overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraint tests. It also must earn an advanced or superior rating for front crash prevention and a good headlight rating.
Ratings are also dependent on specific “built after” date for each model. Please refer to iihs.org for more information.
About Kia Motors America
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Kia Motors America continues to top quality surveys and is recognized as one of the 100 Best Global Brands and 50 Best Global Green Brands by Interbrand. Kia serves as the "Official Automotive Partner" of the NBA and offers a complete range of vehicles sold through a network of nearly 800 dealers in the U.S., including cars and SUVs proudly assembled in West Point, Georgia.*
For media information, including photography, visit www.kiamedia.com. To receive custom email notifications for press releases the moment they are published, subscribe at www.kiamedia.com/us/en/newsalert.Press Release Information Notice
Kia makes reasonable efforts to ensure that information contained in its press releases is accurate at the time of posting. However, Kia makes no guarantees or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the accuracy of the content presented. Kia may, from time to time, update its press releases, issue new releases, or publish other information to reflect new information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Kia Telluride Wins 2020 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year
- 2020 Kia Telluride Named Motortrend's SUV of the Year
- Kia soul named segment winner in J.D. Power 2019 multimedia quality and satisfaction study
- Kia has the most vehicles with top safety pick and top safety pick plus ratings from insurance institute for highway safety
- Kia motors ranked highest mass market brand for fifth consecutive year in J.D. Power U.S. initial quality study
- 2019 Kia stinger named a top safety pick plus by insurance institute for highway safety
- Kia Motors America teams up with SiriusXM to provide the ultimate EDM music festival experience
- Kia stinger receives first-ever j.D. Power engineering award for highest rated all-new vehicle
- All-new 2020 kia telluride offers rugged luxury
- Imagine by kia: a new all-electric concept car revealed
- 2020 Soul Overview
- Kia is among top three brands with most 2019 iihs safety awards following stricter crash standards
- For the third consecutive year, the Kia Soul and Sorento were named segment winners by U.S. News & World Report
- 2019 Forte named best small car by Motorweek