Kia motors ranked highest mass market brand for fifth consecutive year in J.D. Power U.S. initial quality study
June 19, 2019
Kia motors ranked highest mass market brand for fifth consecutive year in J.D. Power U.S. initial quality studyKia Owners Reported Fewest Quality Issues Within the First 90 Days of Ownership Among All Non-Luxury Auto Brands in the U.S.
- Kia’s reported problem levels improved by two points over last year to secure the top spot over all non-luxury automakers and second among all brands, luxury and non-luxury
- Four Kia models included among the top 10 vehicles in the industry, the most of any brand
- The Rio subcompact, Forte compact, Sportage SUV and Sedona minivan each topped their respective segments
IRVINE, Calif., June 19, 2019 — For the fifth consecutive year, Kia was named the number one non-luxury automotive brand today by J.D. Power in the 2019 U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS), with a reported 70 problems per 100 vehicles, a two-point improvement over last year’s results. Kia’s continued success in IQS was led by having four models – Rio, Forte, Sportage and Soul -- included among the top 10 vehicles in the industry, the most of any brand. In addition, Kia had segment-topping performances from Rio (Small Car), Forte (Compact Car), Sportage (Small SUV) and Sedona (Minivan).
“Being ranked at the top of J.D. Power’s U.S. Initial Quality Study among all mass market brands once is a tremendous honor, but capturing this leadership position for five consecutive years unequivocally affirms Kia’s commitment to quality and the ownership experience,” said Michael Cole, chief operating officer and EVP, Kia Motors America. “With four segment winners – and three additional models ranking among the top three in their respective segments – Kia’s ‘Give It Everything’ brand philosophy has clearly yielded a world-class model lineup.”
The annual report analyzed responses from 76,256 respondents with regards to 257 vehicle models across 26 segments. Vehicles were evaluated on driving experience, engine and transmission performance and a broad range of quality issues reported by vehicle owners.
About Kia Motors America
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Kia Motors America continues to top quality surveys and is recognized as one of the 100 Best Global Brands and 50 Best Global Green Brands by Interbrand. Kia serves as the "Official Automotive Partner" of the NBA and offers a complete range of vehicles sold through a network of nearly 800 dealers in the U.S., including cars and SUVs proudly assembled in West Point, Georgia.*
For media information, including photography, visit www.kiamedia.com. To receive custom email notifications for press releases the moment they are published, subscribe at www.kiamedia.com/us/en/newsalert.Press Release Information Notice
Kia makes reasonable efforts to ensure that information contained in its press releases is accurate at the time of posting. However, Kia makes no guarantees or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the accuracy of the content presented. Kia may, from time to time, update its press releases, issue new releases, or publish other information to reflect new information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Kia Telluride Wins 2020 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year
- 2020 Kia Telluride Named Motortrend's SUV of the Year
- Kia soul named segment winner in J.D. Power 2019 multimedia quality and satisfaction study
- Kia has the most vehicles with top safety pick and top safety pick plus ratings from insurance institute for highway safety
- Kia motors ranked highest mass market brand for fifth consecutive year in J.D. Power U.S. initial quality study
- 2019 Kia stinger named a top safety pick plus by insurance institute for highway safety
- Kia Motors America teams up with SiriusXM to provide the ultimate EDM music festival experience
- Kia stinger receives first-ever j.D. Power engineering award for highest rated all-new vehicle
- All-new 2020 kia telluride offers rugged luxury
- Imagine by kia: a new all-electric concept car revealed
- 2020 Soul Overview
- Kia is among top three brands with most 2019 iihs safety awards following stricter crash standards
- For the third consecutive year, the Kia Soul and Sorento were named segment winners by U.S. News & World Report
- 2019 Forte named best small car by Motorweek