Kia soul named segment winner in J.D. Power 2019 multimedia quality and satisfaction study
September 24, 2019
All-New Model’s Next-Gen Infotainment and Technology Options Increase Consumer Satisfaction
- Soul ranks highest in Multimedia Quality among all compact vehicles
- Award comes on the heels of Soul being named among the top 10 vehicles in the industry in the J.D. Power Initial Quality Study
IRVINE, Calif., September 23, 2019 — Kia Motors America’s (KMA) beloved urban runabout – the Soul – has been awarded Best Multimedia Quality in its award segment in the J.D. Power 2019 Multimedia Quality and Satisfaction Study. The announcement follows Kia’s award as the highest ranked mass market brand in the J.D. Power Initial Quality Study for the fifth consecutive year, with the Soul recognized among the top 10 vehicles in the industry1.
“The Soul has been an undeniable success since its launch in 2009, and with the redesign of this third-generation model, the technologically advanced Soul is equipped to be a strong contender in the marketplace,” said Michael Cole, chief operating officer and EVP, Kia Motors America. “Being named Best Multimedia Quality among Compact Vehicles by J.D. Power serves to further reinforce Kia’s commitment to world-class quality and a premium ownership experience.”
The all-new Soul delivers unmatched style, peppy performance, thrilling technology and urban practicality, evolving the popular subcompact into the most advanced and innovative Soul yet. For the 2020 model year, the Soul offers impressive technology, including standard Android Auto2 and Apple CarPlay3 and a suite of available options including: Bluetooth®4 Multi-Connection, interior mood lighting, a 10.25-inch HD color touchscreen5 with split screen functionality and a 640-watt Harman/Kardon6 audio system – twice the wattage of the previous generation Soul.
“Simply offering a variety of multimedia technologies isn’t enough,” said Brent Gruber, Senior Director, Automotive Quality Practice at J.D. Power. “In order to enhance the vehicle experience, owners want those technologies to be problem free and work as expected. In the compact segment no vehicle demonstrates that high level of multimedia quality better than the Kia Soul.”
The J.D. Power Multimedia Quality and Satisfaction Study measures the experiences and opinions of vehicle owners regarding the quality, design and features of their audio, communication, entertainment and navigation systems in the first 90 days of ownership. Multimedia system quality is determined by the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles, with a lower score reflecting higher quality – the Kia Soul scored a 9.0 PP100.
About Kia Motors America
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Kia Motors America continues to top quality surveys and is recognized as one of the 100 Best Global Brands and 50 Best Global Green Brands by Interbrand. Kia serves as the "Official Automotive Partner" of the NBA and offers a complete range of vehicles sold through a network of nearly 800 dealers in the U.S., including cars and SUVs proudly assembled in West Point, Georgia.*
For media information, including photography, visit www.kiamedia.com. To receive custom email notifications for press releases the moment they are published, subscribe at www.kiamedia.com/us/en/newsalert.
*The Telluride, Sorento and Optima (excluding Hybrid and Plug-In Hybrid) are assembled in the United States from U.S. and globally sourced parts.
Kia makes reasonable efforts to ensure that information contained in its press releases is accurate at the time of posting. However, Kia makes no guarantees or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the accuracy of the content presented. Kia may, from time to time, update its press releases, issue new releases, or publish other information to reflect new information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Kia Telluride Wins 2020 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year
- 2020 Kia Telluride Named Motortrend's SUV of the Year
- Kia soul named segment winner in J.D. Power 2019 multimedia quality and satisfaction study
- Kia has the most vehicles with top safety pick and top safety pick plus ratings from insurance institute for highway safety
- Kia motors ranked highest mass market brand for fifth consecutive year in J.D. Power U.S. initial quality study
- 2019 Kia stinger named a top safety pick plus by insurance institute for highway safety
- Kia Motors America teams up with SiriusXM to provide the ultimate EDM music festival experience
- Kia stinger receives first-ever j.D. Power engineering award for highest rated all-new vehicle
- All-new 2020 kia telluride offers rugged luxury
- Imagine by kia: a new all-electric concept car revealed
- 2020 Soul Overview
- Kia is among top three brands with most 2019 iihs safety awards following stricter crash standards
- For the third consecutive year, the Kia Soul and Sorento were named segment winners by U.S. News & World Report
- 2019 Forte named best small car by Motorweek