Soul, Sorento and Stinger named 2019 best cars for the money from u.S. News & world report
April 18, 2019
Soul and Sorento Maintain Spots as Favorites While Stinger is a New Standout
- Soul and Sorento receive award for third consecutive year
- Stinger’s posh cabin, affordable price tag help it earn high marks in the small luxury car category
IRVINE, Calif., Feb. 8, 2019 – For the third consecutive year, the Kia Soul and Sorento were named segment winners by U.S. News & World Report for the Best Cars for the Money awards. In addition to the three-peat winners, the Stinger also earned an award in its first-ever win in a luxury class. U.S. News recognized vehicles across 14 categories that provide consumers with the best combination of quality and value, naming Soul the Best Compact Car for the Money, Sorento the Best 3-Row SUV for the Money, and Stinger as the Best Luxury Small Car for the Money.
“We’re honored that U.S. News once again named the Soul and Sorento winners within their respective categories for the third year in a row,” said Orth Hedrick, Director of Car Planning and Telematics, Kia Motors America (KMA). “In addition to the win for the high-performance Stinger, this is just another piece of evidence that demonstrates our commitment to making world-class vehicles with exceptional value that continues to be unmatched.”
The U.S. News & World Report rankings compare cars on the basis of safety, reliability and a consensus of industry experts' opinions, along with value – which is measured by a combination of a vehicle's estimated five-year total cost of ownership and the average price paid for the vehicle at the time the awards are published.
“Kia not only gives buyers plenty of high quality models to choose from, but the brand also backs them with one of the longest powertrain warranties in the industry,” said Jamie Page Deaton, executive editor of U.S. News & World Report. “In our analysis, that warranty works to significantly reduce estimated five-year ownership costs, making the winning Kia models excellent long-term values."
The Sorento’s excellent U.S. News & World Report Rankings and upscale cabin helped it take the win, while the Soul’s spacious interior and abundance of standard features were just some of the factors that helped it take the lead. After being eligible since it first went on sale in Fall of 2017, the Stinger quickly became a favorite among the judges.
“The Stinger has a potent engine lineup and lively handling, as well as a posh cabin that's loaded with features that many other luxury brands charge extra for,” said Jamie Page Deaton. The Stinger may not come from a dynastic luxury car brand, but in a short time on the market, it's more than made its mark and put the entire class on notice."
The Soul, Sorento, Stinger and other winners can be found at cars.usnews.com/cars-money.
About Kia Motors America
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Kia Motors America continues to top quality surveys and is recognized as one of the 100 Best Global Brands and 50 Best Global Green Brands by Interbrand. Kia serves as the "Official Automotive Partner" of the NBA and offers a complete range of vehicles sold through a network of nearly 800 dealers in the U.S., including cars and SUVs proudly assembled in West Point, Georgia.*
For media information, including photography, visit www.kiamedia.com. To receive custom email notifications for press releases the moment they are published, subscribe at www.kiamedia.com/us/en/newsalert.
* The Sorento and Optima GDI (S, EX, SX and certain LX Trims only) are assembled in the United States from U.S. and globally sourced parts.
Press Release Information Notice
Kia makes reasonable efforts to ensure that information contained in its press releases is accurate at the time of posting. However, Kia makes no guarantees or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the accuracy of the content presented. Kia may, from time to time, update its press releases, issue new releases, or publish other information to reflect new information.
Recent Blog Posts
- Kia Telluride Wins 2020 North American Utility Vehicle of the Year
- 2020 Kia Telluride Named Motortrend's SUV of the Year
- Kia soul named segment winner in J.D. Power 2019 multimedia quality and satisfaction study
- Kia has the most vehicles with top safety pick and top safety pick plus ratings from insurance institute for highway safety
- Kia motors ranked highest mass market brand for fifth consecutive year in J.D. Power U.S. initial quality study
- 2019 Kia stinger named a top safety pick plus by insurance institute for highway safety
- Kia Motors America teams up with SiriusXM to provide the ultimate EDM music festival experience
- Kia stinger receives first-ever j.D. Power engineering award for highest rated all-new vehicle
- All-new 2020 kia telluride offers rugged luxury
- Imagine by kia: a new all-electric concept car revealed
- 2020 Soul Overview
- Kia is among top three brands with most 2019 iihs safety awards following stricter crash standards
- For the third consecutive year, the Kia Soul and Sorento were named segment winners by U.S. News & World Report
- 2019 Forte named best small car by Motorweek